Your water well will give you enough signs to show that it requires immediate cleaning. Some important signs include,
– Presence of suspended matter (Turbidity)
– Decreased water taste
– Reduction in the well capacity in terms of gallons of water per minute
– Development of any odor in and around the drilled well
These quality issues may have arisen mainly due to microbial intervention and water contamination. The presence of oxygen in the depth of the drilled wells may pave the way for the growth of aerobic bacteria or microbial matter, as well as the oxidation of metals (pumping systems, or motor, or any component made of metal).
Other reasons for the quality damages include encrustation and fall-ins. Encrustation is nothing but crusting or corrosive damage to the casing due to calcite deposits or microbial residues. On the other hand, fall-ins include the sedimentation of sand at the bottom of the well (where the open hole lies). This may occur over the years or due to sudden changes in the earth’s discs due to earthquakes.
All Fields Are Required
Methods of water well cleaning
The two methods of well cleaning include,
– Mechanical method: This involves the removal of dirt or debris using agitation, sonic waves, wire brushes, air pressure, and scrapers.
– Chemical method: This involves using acid-based chemicals to dissolve the unwanted rusting or debris formed on the component surfaces. Sometimes, alkaline-based chemicals or polymers are used depending upon the specific needs of the water well and the clients.
Experts suggest that a combination of mechanical and chemical methods gives the best results.
Is your contractor qualified to give cost-effective cleaning solutions? Check and get back to us!
Expert water well cleaners in Mobile, AL
At Mobile Water Well Drillers,AL, we ensure best-in-class water cleaning for our clients. We can give the best cleaning services as we take extra efforts to:
– Perform video-based inspections
– Easily pinpoint the area of damage
– Each component testing
– Effective site reviews
– Identify the cause of the problem by just seeing the drilled well blueprint